Candidatures et règlement prix Brohée
Candidatures et règlement Prix 2022-2023
TO THE YOUNG INVESTIGATORS IN BASIC AND CLINICAL GASTROENTEROLOGY
PLEASE APPLY TO THE GEORGES BROHEE PRIZE 2022-2023 (5000 €)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 31 Dec 2023 at 12 PM
INFORMATION AND RULES:
- ARTICLE 1. The «Georges Brohée Prize» has been created in order to reward the best research work in the field
of Gastroenterology in its broadest sense.
- ARTICLE 2. The prize is biennial. Its amount, determined by the board of directors, will be announced at the
beginning of each two year period. If the prize is not awarded, its amount will be added to the capital of the
“Fonds Georges Brohée”. For 2022-2023 the prize will be 5000 Euro.
- ARTICLE 3. Candidates must have the Belgian Nationality or have done their research work in Belgium; they
must be younger than 40 years at the date of deadline of application.
- ARTICLE 4. The prize cannot be divided but it can acknowledge the work of several authors; however it will
award only the responsible author, with the written consent of the co-authors.
- ARTICLE 5. The prize will not be awarded to a research work previously rewarded by a prize equal or superior to
- ARTICLE 6. Only articles published in the 4 year period before submission for the prize will be accepted as part
of the research work. For the current application, only publications as from 01/01/2020 will be taken into account.
- ARTICLE 7. Submitted work must be written in English or Dutch or French with an extensive summary in English,
and include all original articles related to the work, in a single scientific brochure in the form of a PDF file. A 2500
word abstract written in English is to be added to the work.
- ARTICLE 8. Curriculum vitae of the responsible author must be included. The application should be addressed to
the Secretary of the “Fonds Georges Brohée”: Dr Ivan Borbath, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org),
before the first of January of each even year (for the period 2022-2023: 31-12-2023 at midnight).
- ARTICLE 9. The rewarded work or a summary of it (if the work has already been published in other journals),
has to be published in Acta Gastro-Enterologica Belgica (cf. article 10)
- ARTICLE 10. The responsible author of the crowned work should submit to the Editor-in-Chief of Acta Gastro-
Enterologica Belgica a manuscript of about 10 double-space typewritten pages. He/she can do so by submitting
the manuscript online at: http://gastro-enterologica.universa.be. He should follow the guidelines of a “Short
Review”. This commitment is a prerequisite for the attribution of the prize.
- ARTICLE 11. Composition of the Jury is decided by the General Assembly and will consist of at least 3 members
of the “Fonds Georges Brohée” + experts. The decision of the Jury is without appeal. Each candidate will be
separately informed about the decision before Year+1, i.e. for the current call, 31 October 2024.
Dr. Martin HIELE (President)
Dr. Ivan BORBATH (Secretary)