Candidatures et règlement Prix 2020-2021
TO THE YOUNG INVESTIGATORS IN BASIC AND CLINICAL GASTROENTEROLOGY
PLEASE APPLY TO THE GEORGES BROHEE PRIZE 2020-2021 (5000 €)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 31 Dec 2021 at 12 PM
INFORMATION AND RULES:
- ARTICLE 1. The «Georges Brohée Prize» has been created in order to reward the best research work in the field of Gastroenterology in its broadest sense.
- ARTICLE 2. The prize is biennial. Its amount, determined by the board of directors, will be announced at the beginning of each two year period. If the prize is not awarded, its amount will be added to the capital of the “Fonds Georges Brohée”.
- ARTICLE 3. Candidates must have the Belgian Nationality or have done their research work in Belgium; they must be younger than 40 years at the date of deadline of application.
- ARTICLE 4. The prize cannot be divided but it can acknowledge the work of several authors; however it will award only the responsible author, with the written consent of the co-authors.
- ARTICLE 5. The prize may not be awarded to a research work previously rewarded by a prize equal or superior to 5000 €.
- ARTICLE 6. Only publications published in the previous 4 years before submission for the prize will be accepted as part of the research work. For the current application: 2018-2021
- ARTICLE 7. Submitted work must be written in Dutch, English or French with a summary in English and include all original articles of the author, related to the work, in a single scientific brochure in the form of a PDF file.
- ARTICLE 8. The research work has to be typewritten or printed. A Curriculum vitae of the responsible author must be included. The application should be addressed to the Secretary of the “Fonds Georges Brohée”: Dr Ivan. Borbath, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org), before the first of January of each even year (for the period 2020-2021: 01-01-2022). Thereafter, the number of copies for the members of the jury will be specified.
- ARTICLE 9. The rewarded work has to be published in Acta Gastro-Enterologica Belgica (cf. article 10)
- ARTICLE 10. The responsible author of the crowned work should submit to the Editor-in-Chief of Acta Gastro- Enterologica Belgica a manuscript of about 10 double-space typewritten pages. He/she can do so by submitting the manuscript online at: http://gastro-enterologica.universa.be. He should follow the guidelines of a “Short Review”. This commitment is a prerequisite for the attribution of the prize.
- ARTICLE 11. Composition of the Jury is decided by the General Assembly and will consist of at least 3 members of the “Fonds Georges Brohée” + experts. The decision of the Jury is without appeal.
Dr. Martin HIELE (President)
Dr. Edouard LOUIS (Vice-president)
Dr. Ivan BORBATH (Secretary)